Request more information
and we will connect you with an academic advisor who can help you create a plan of study.
"I liked how well the professors explained the syllabus and course requirements and answered your emails right away. I never had to wait longer than a few hours or one day at the most."
on Ball State's online RN to BS in nursing program. Read her story
A Degree with All the Extras
If you’re looking for a straight path from your RN credential to your bachelor’s in nursing, Ball State University provides an online RN to BS degree that’s reputable, flexible, affordable, and ultimately, makes you more marketable.
- Our degree is reputable because we’re a national leader in nursing education. We were named a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for our success in enhancing student learning and professional development.
- Your prior credits count. You likely already have a number of transferable credit hours that may mean earning your bachelor’s degree is closer than you think.
- Our program is flexible because you can attend full or part time and take classes in an asynchronous format, meaning there are no specific log-in times. You work online when it’s convenient for you to meet weekly deadlines.
- Our online programs offer value for your investment of time and money. We encourage you to compare our tuition rates with other institutions.
- The degree is marketable because the profession is pushing toward a professional workforce in which 80 percent of nursing staff hold a bachelor’s in nursing. Plus, the BS teaches soft skills like communication, leadership, and decision-making, skills that are highly sought by employers today.
Learn more about the advantages of a Ball State RN-to-BS degree.
Lead With Your Degree
With our online RN to BS nursing concentration, you complete your bachelor’s without setting foot on campus—and while continuing your nursing career. The only time you leave your laptop is to do your clinical hours which can be arranged with a nursing mentor-preceptor in your community.
You Won’t Go Online Alone
You’ll work with a team of faculty, advisors, and student services staff to guide you along your online experience. Advisors will simplify the admissions application process and work with you to map out your course plan. When you shop and compare, see how much one-on-one support you’ll get in your online classroom.
Features of the Ball State RN to BS Program
- We blend nursing with the liberal arts. While online education means lots of flexibility, it doesn’t diminish the rigor of a curriculum that integrates physical, psychosocial, and nursing science, with the fine arts and humanities.
- Ball State nursing emphasizes care in community settings for women and children in need as well as other vulnerable populations.
- We have all the accreditations you need. The baccalaureate program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
- You will work one on one with an academic advisor! Because your course plan will depend on the credits you transfer into the program, an advisor will help determine the prerequisites and core requirements you need.
- You won’t go online alone. You have access to professors, advisors, student ambassadors, and technology staff. Visit the Technology HelpDesk 24/7. Our School of Nursing’s Simulation and Information Technology Center offers help specifically for nursing students.
- We give you more options. Classes are offered in an asynchronous format, meaning there are no specific log-in times. Work online when it’s convenient for you to meet assignment deadlines on your syllabus.
Take the Next Step
Get started on the RN to BS concentration by checking out course work for your degree. If you've taken classes at another school, learn about credit requirements for a Ball State degree.
Request more information about our RN to BS program.