To earn the online only version of a 15-hour graduate certificate in college and university teaching, you will need to take the following courses:
Required Courses (12 credit hours)
- EDHI 609 Preparing for the Professoriate: Teaching in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 610 Issues in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 611 Teaching and Curriculum Issues in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
- EDHI 699 Teaching Practicum in Higher Education (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses (3 credit hours)
From the list below, select one course with the assistance of your certificate program advisor:
- EDFO 660 Comparative Education (International Higher Education)
- EDAC 634 The Adult Learner (3 credit hours)
- EDAC 635 Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 credit hours)
Or, your advisor can help you select an equivalent online course to be determined.
You will need to earn an overall GPA of 3.0 in the program to earn this certificate. Plus, no course with a grade below 2.0 can be counted toward the certificate.
Your official Ball State transcript will contain a listing of the courses taken in this program and a special designation that the certificate program has been successfully completed. You will also receive a printed certificate acknowledging your completion of the program.
As you are working on your certificate and decide to pursue a full degree program at Ball State, you can apply these courses to a master's or doctoral degree upon receiving approval by your department.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Ball State is committed to offering programs that lead to gainful employment, Graduates from Ball State's certificate programs can be assured they are learning industry best practices. You may wish to review the gainful employment information about this program as required by the U.S. Department of Education.