Certificate in Elementary Mathematics Teacher Leadership (15 credits)
Required Courses (9 credits)
- MATH 690 Curriculum and Instruction in Mathematics Education (3 credits)
- MATH 693 Teaching Mathematics through Problem Solving (3 credits)
- MATH 697 Mathematics Teacher Leadership I (3 credits)
Electives (6 credits)
Select two courses:
- MATH 514 Algebra Reasoning for Elementary, Middle School, and Foundational Mathematics Teachers (3 credits)
- MATH 517 Number Concepts and Number Theory for Teachers (3 credits)
- MATH 518 Rational Numbers and Proportionality for Elementary, Middle School, and Foundational Math Teachers (3 credits)
- MATH 542 Geometry and Measurement for Elementary, Middle School, and Foundational Math Teachers (3 credits)
- MATH 623 Probability, Data Analysis, and Statistical Reasoning (3 cedits)
A grade point average of 3.0 is required to receive the certificate. No grade lower than a C will count toward the certificate. Transfer credits are not accepted.
For course descriptions and prerequisites, view the Mathematical Sciences section of the current Ball State Graduate Catalog.