Certificate in Post-Secondary Foundational Mathematics Teaching
All courses in this 15-credit-hour program are offered online.
Required Courses (12 hours):
- MATH 514: Algebraic Reasoning for Elementary, Middle School, and Foundational Mathematics Teachers (3)
- MATH 631: Technology for Mathematics Teachers (3)
- MATH 693: Teaching Mathematics through Problem Solving (3)
- MATH 519: Quantitative Reasoning for Teachers (3)
Electives (Choose 3 hours, select one course)
- MATH 517: Number Concepts and Number Theory for Teachers (3)
- MATH 518: Rational Numbers and Proportionality for Elementary, Middle School, and Foundational Math Teachers (3)
- MATH 542: Geometry and Measurement for Elementary, Middle School, and Foundational Mathematics Teachers (3)
- MATH 623: Probability, Data Analysis, and Statistical Reasoning (3)
A grade point average of 3.0 is required to receive the certificate. No grade lower than a C will count toward the certificate. Transfer credits are not accepted.
For course descriptions and prerequisites, view the Mathematical Sciences section of the current Ball State Graduate Catalog.