Ball State is one of only a few major universities in the nation to offer an academic degree in residential property management. And the same professors who teach this nationally recognized program are now offering one of the only all-online apartment management certificates in the United States.
This specialized program will give you a distinctive credential in the fast-growing apartment industry where salaries are attractive—ranging from $30,000 for leasing consultants to more than $150,000 for corporate-level executives. Plus, benefits are generous and typically include free or discounted housing, bonuses, health and life insurance, retirement plans, and more.
Today, apartment communities are often large and are valued at an average of $20 million and have annual budgets of more than $2 million. Plus, they are often owned by large organizations where career advancement is possible. Our certificate will prepare you to provide exemplary customer service, understand the legal and financial issues related to property management, and succeed in the day-to-day operations of large or small communities.
- The jobs are out there. Significant growth is expected in the apartment industry over the next decade.
- Ball State’s reputation in this industry and in online education means that property management companies are coming to us looking for future employees.
- We offer competitively-priced tuition.
- Our program was developed with the support of the National Apartment Association Education Institute.
- Our online courses are taught by the same experienced faculty members who teach our on-campus classes.
- As a part of the certificate, you will have the opportunity to earn the National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) designation.
- Our program enhances a college degree you may already have or allows you to take a first step toward a college degree. Ball State offers a minor in residential property management in its all-online bachelor of general studies degree or a bachelor's degree in residential property management on our Muncie, Indiana, campus. Your credits can count toward either of these degrees.
- You will have access to Ball State's Residential Property Management Advisory Board, whose members represent major property management companies from across the country. Board members serve as supporters of the program and hire many of our graduates.
Our program is offered 100 percent online, allowing you tremendous flexibility to work at the time and place you want.
Program Director and Instructor
Take the Next Step
Learn about our admission requirements and how to apply and the courses you will take.
This program is offered by our Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, home to Ball State's Residential Property Management Program, one of only four such programs in the country.