If you would like to major in another area but still have some experience in the social work field, we encourage you to choose a minor in social work.

A social work minor will:

  • help you work more effectively with social work professionals in you future career. This is particularly helpful if you know you will be working collaboratively with professional social workers.
  • give you a basic understanding of the profession and prepare you for a graduate program if you plan to earn a master of social work (MSW) degree after completing an undergraduate degree in another field
  • help you acquire an introductory understanding of and skills in working with at-risk populations

Like our social work majors, you will have the opportunity for hands-on experiences in the field.

To declare social work as your minor, complete and submit the major/minor curricular change form available in any advising office on campus. We also have these forms in our department.

For more information about the minor, you can check which courses are required or contact us.