To practice audiology in the state of Indiana you must obtain a license and meet certain requirements, such as:

  • Indiana Professional Licensing Agency License (IPLA) (formerly the Health Professions Bureau). IPLA licensing is required for all speech-language pathologists and audiologists wishing to work in any health care setting in this state. Requirements and an application for licensure.
  • Department of Education Division of Professional Standards (DPS). All professionals who work in a school setting are required to have a license from the Indiana Department of Education. Requirements and an application for licensure. 
  • A Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC), awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), is a nationally recognized symbol of competency for speech-language pathology and audiology professionals. This credential provides public assurance that the professional has met rigorous, peer-developed, and reviewed standards endorsed by a national professional body. For more information, visit the ASHA Web site. Although this certification is not required to practice, professionals are strongly encouraged to hold this certification.
  • State-specific Licensure. Some licenses and requirements are state specific—be sure to find out the requirements for the state in which you plan to practice. Licensure requirements for all 50 states can be found on the ASHA Web site.