Computer Access Card
Visitors to Bracken Library may access CardCat, the online catalog, free of charge from dedicated workstations throughout the library. If you are over the age of 14, you may acquire a guest pass for full access to library computers for one day, including databases, available software, and Internet connections through the purchase of two Computer Access token cards ($2.00 total).
Token cards are available from the vending machine near the Main Circulation and Reserves desk in Bracken Library. After you’ve made your purchase, simply present the cards with a valid photo ID to the Main Circulation and Reserves desk staff to receive a guest access pass for use on computers on 1 West in Bracken Library. Your pass is valid for one business day to you as a single user.
If you have any of the following affiliations, you are exempt from the $2.00 charge:
- Ball State University emeriti faculty with valid emeritus card.
- Ball State University alumni with valid Ball State University Alumni card.
- Faculty/student from any other university or college (including Ivy Tech) with current valid identification from your home institution.
- Indiana State employee with current valid State employee identification.
- Current military personnel with valid identification.