If you have the Presidential Room and Board Scholarship, Honors College Residency Scholarship, or another Ball State merit scholarship that can be used for room and board charges but will be living off-campus, you can still take advantage of the scholarship through one of the options outlined below:
- You can have the scholarship apply to rent at Anthony or Scheidler Apartments
- You can have the scholarship apply to meal charges through a commuter meal plan
Students cannot use the scholarship for Dining Plus, Dining Cash, Cardinal Cash, other charges, nor can it be issued as a refund.
If you choose to live in Anthony or Scheidler Apartments, there are no additional steps you need to take to have your scholarship apply. This will happen automatically; however since rent is charged on a monthly basis, your scholarship will be reduced by that partial amount each month until the full amount is used.
If you choose to use the scholarship for a commuter meal plan you need to:
- Charge a commuter meal plan to your Ball State account. A list of meal plans and instructions can be found online.
- Your scholarship will cover the charge when the application of financial aid process runs beginning at the start of the semester.
- If you need additional meals and still have money remaining from your scholarship, you can purchase a new meal plan when you have 15 or fewer meals remaining on your current plan.
- This process must be repeated every semester you wish to purchase a new meal plan using your scholarship.
- Commuter meal plans are good for fall and spring semester (not available to use or purchase for summer), and expire at the end of spring semester each year