GI Bill Education Benefits
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard Veterans
National Guard, Reservists, and Eligible Dependents
- CHAPTER 30: Must have entered active duty after July 1, 1985, and contributed $100 per month during the first year of service to the Montgomery GI Bill.
- CHAPTER 31: For Vocational Rehabilitation benefits eligibility you must have served on or after September 16, 1940. For additional eligibility requirements, call 800-827-1000.
- CHAPTER 32: Must have entered active duty between January 1, 1977, and June 30, 1985, and contributed to the Veterans Educational Assistance Program.
- CHAPTER 33: Post 911 benefits currently awaiting final eligibility requirements.
- CHAPTER 1606: For National Guard and Reserve members with a 6-year commitment. Contact your National Guard or Reserve Unit to verify your eligibility.
- CHAPTER 1607: On or after September 11, 2001, if the member served on active duty in support of a contingency operation for 90 consecutive days or more. Contact you National Guard or Reserve Unit to verify your eligibility.
- INDIANA NATIONAL GUARD: For information and eligibility requirements about Indiana National Guard Tuition Assistance, call 317-964-7023.
GI Bill® education benefits are valid for only 10 years from date of separation from active duty and 14 years for Guard/Reserves while serving. When calling the VA regional office (888-442-4551/ GIBILL1) for eligibility, have your service/Social Security number and birth date available. If eligible, contact the company’s human resources or apprenticeship coordinator.
You may also speak to a VA counselor at 800-827-1000. Be specific as to the program/career you are pursuing. If you have further questions, you may contact the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs, state approving agency, at 317-232-3914/3917 or 800-400-4520.
If you are interested in using your veterans benefits to attend Ball State, please contact Beck Hannaford, Veterans Benefits, at 765-285-5736, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans
Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA
is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Lucina Hall, room 245
Muncie, Indiana 47306
7:30 am-4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Walk-in counseling hours:
8:00 am-3:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone operator hours:
7:30 am-3:45 pm (Monday-Friday)
Phone: 765-285-5600 or
Fax: 765-285-2173 or