All Day EventStart:
May 5, 2018End:
May 5, 2018
Spring 2018 commencement will be May 5 on the Arts Terrace. The day begins with a main ceremony to celebrate all graduates. Before the event, graduates should check where they need to line up.
- 8 a.m.—Guest seating opens.
- 9 a.m.—Graduates must be in the appropriate line.
- 9:30 a.m.—Processional begins. Guests who aren’t seated may experience delays.
- 10 a.m.—Opening remarks begin. All students are expected to stay for the duration of the ceremony.
- 11:30 a.m.—approximately Main Ceremony concludes.
The ceremony will also include:
- hooding of honorary degree recipients
- recognition and hooding of doctoral and specialist in education candidates
- conferral of bachelor’s, master’s, and associate degrees
For more information visit the Commencement website.
After the main ceremony, each college hosts an individual ceremony where individual student names are announced as graduating students cross the stage.