The Health Professions Living-Learning Community is for students pursuing majors within the College of Health (with the exception of nursing majors and majors in the School of Kinesiology, as both groups have their own living-learning communities). Students living in this community can expect an environment that focuses on learning more about the different majors and careers within the health field.
Location: The Health Professions Living-Learning Community will be located in Woodworth starting in the fall of 2018.
- Gain a broader understanding of issues and opportunities in health professions
- Participate in programs, events, and tours related to careers in the health professions
- Connect with faculty and staff from the College of Health
- Live and study with students who share you same academic interests in the various fields of health
- Health education and promotion
- Medical technology
- Pre-dental hygiene/pre-dental preparation
- Pre-medical preparation
- Pre-physician's assistant
- Radiography (AS)
- Respiratory therapy
Programming: Events that students might participate in include “Meet Your Major” nights, in-hall advising, study skill strategies, review sessions, and events dedicated to learning about different health professions student organizations.
Partners: To accomplish our goals, the Health Professions Living-Learning Community works closely with the Kinesiology Living-Learning Community, Nursing Living-Learning Community, College of Health, Career Center, Academic Advising, and the Northeast Indiana Area Health Education Center (NEI-AHEC).