For students who are passionate and knowledgeable about higher education, the Student Trustee position affords the chance to represent student perspectives while making administrative decisions for the university.
Student Trustee Description and Position Requirements
The duties of this position include attendance at bi-monthly Board of Trustees meetings (approximately nine meetings throughout the year) and filling any committee positions deemed appropriate. Additionally, the individual in this position serves as a representative for Ball State University at various functions. The Student Trustee is responsible for understanding the purpose of Ball State as an institution, developing a vision for its future, and relating effectively to the needs of its faculty, administration, and students.
To be considered, the following minimum requirements must be satisfied:
- Candidate must be a resident of Indiana.
- The term of the position is two years.Candidate must be a full-time student for the duration of the term.
- Candidate must have a minimum 2.5 or better cumulative G.P.A. at the time of application.
- Candidate must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Candidate must be in good standing with the University.
The individual appointed to this position should display the ability to serve the University's Board of Trustees in addressing issues from a larger-scale perspective as well as the student perspective. While the Student Government Association coordinates the selection process, the Governor of Indiana makes the final selection.
- $50 per meeting
- $50 attend commencement
- Mileage $.40 a mile
- Hotel accommodations if needed
- Discount at BSU bookstore (10%)
- Two tickets to any event on campus
- All-Access parking pass
- Application Deadline: Not accepting applications at this time
- Interviews: Not holding interviews at this time
- Student Trustee Application not available at this time
- Contact SGA Secretary, Student Center 112, 765-285-8631