Click here to make a donation for the future of the English department.
Follow this procedure:
- Check the box labeled I wish to select a fund not included in the lists above.
- Two hidden boxes will pop up:
- Fund Name: type in the account number and name from the list below.
- Amount: the amount you wish to donate.
- 2717 = Voss English Research Award. To support applied or theoretical research in any major area of study in the Department of English. Any MA or PhD in English eligible. Fund uses ex.: travel, books, photocopying, equipment, software.
- 2720 = Hanson Rhetoric and Composition Award. Support for applied and theoretical research in rhetoric and composition, can include travel, books, equipment, software,photocopying. Any rhetoric and composition MA or PhD candidates eligible.
- 2751 = Barry Wright Memorial English Scholarship. Undergraduate, recognition of artistic excellence writing poetry, major/minor English GPA 3.0 of 4.0 scale. Renewable
- 2752 = Elizabeth Martin Scholarship. Undergraduate English major, recognition of character, leadership, scholarship GPA 3.0.
- 2755 = Francis Mayhew Rippy Scholarship. To assist outstanding graduate students majoring in literature. Fund use
ex.: tuition, books, research, travel. Minimum
3.0 on 4.0 scale.
- 2756 = Leslie and Patrick Ballard Scholarship. English education,
demonstrated experience or commitment to teaching. GPA 3.25 overall and 3.5 on
4.0 scale. Renewable maximum 3 years.
- 2757 = Matt Jones Creative Writing Scholarship. Student dedicated
interest and major in creative writing, must demonstrate financial need.
- 2758 = English Studies Scholarship/Ross. Students pursuing an
undergraduate, master's, or doctoral degree in English.
- 2759 = Carol S. Chalk Memorial Scholarship. Full-time student employed in Writing Center with at least one semester
Award to tutor who has demonstrated patience,
creativity, and commitment to student writers.
- 2760 = Outstanding Senior Award.
Student pursuing major in Department of
English and approved for graduation.
- 2701 = English General Fund. Provides funds for English Department programs such as lectures, poetry readings, creative writing contest, achievement, and other special awards to students.
- 2702 = Graduate Student Support. To support graduate student research projects, travel to professional meetings, and graduate student stipends. Fund may become endowed with a sufficient balance.
- 2704 = Creative Writing Journal Fund. To provide funds for creative writing publications.
- 2710 = Creative Writing Projects.
The purpose of the
fund is to support the cocurricular activities of creative writing in the Department of English.
- 2754 = Creative Writing Fund. To create an endowment to support
the creative writing program within the
Department of English.
- 2719 = Creative Writing in the Community. To provide funds for activities associated with creative writing in the community.