College of Applied Sciences and Technology
- Alumni are invited to speak at the Department of Family and Consumer Science mentoring day each fall and join the alumni society.
- The Department of Technology offers alumni opportunities to share their expertise by joining program advisory boards, providing internship experiences, speaking to classes, and sponsoring student organizations, industry tours, and networking.
- Nursing alumni are encouraged to become active in the Nursing Alumni Society, which sponsors an annual reception and banquet.
- The Fisher Institute of Health and Well-Being offers a number of events and seminars through the Community Center for Vital Aging.
- The School of Kinesiology invites alumni to join its alumni society and to collaborate to provide real-world professional experiences for students.
College of Architecture and Planning
- CAP welcomes alumni back to campus as visiting scholars, guest lecturers, adjunct faculty, and guest design jurors and studio critics.
- Alumni have exhibitions in the CAP gallery and stage Web teleconferences.
- Alumni provide internships and field trips for students, and partner with CAP on research and on community design and planning projects.
- CAP Connection is a new mentor program that links students to the college's alumni in the professional design world.
- There's also a CAP Alumni Society, and CAP Alumni Day invites graduates back to campus each fall for an awards dinner, lectures, and other social and professional activities.
Miller College of Business
- The college values close ties and working relationships with Ball State alumni and friends in business, industry, and in the community.
- Alumni and friends serve on the Executive Advisory Board, the Miller College of Business Alumni Board, and a number of department, program, and center advisory boards.
- Each year, alumni and friends from across the country are invited to share business professional expertise and experiences with students in classes during Dialogue Days.
- Alumni provide internships and immersive learning opportunities in their businesses and participate in cooperative research.
- The college honors alumni who have experienced exceptional success in their chosen fields at the annual Alumni Awards Dinner.
College of Communication, Information, and Media
- The Department of Journalism offers a number of ways for alumni to interact, including alumni awards, a Journalism Hall of Fame, and a Journalism Alumni Society.
- The Departments of Telecommunications has an online alumni directory.
- Telecommunications alumni participate in Ball State's annual showcase in Los Angeles, interacting with graduating students who perform for professional agents and casting directors.
College of Fine Arts
- The School of Music, School of Art, and Department of Theatre and Dance all have strong guest artist programs that often include alumni who come back to campus to perform, assist with productions, give master classes and talks, exhibit their works, and work with students.
- The School of Music presents outstanding alumni awards each spring.
- Theatre alumni in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago participate in Ball State's annual acting showcases in those cities, interacting with senior theatre majors who perform for professional agents and casting directors.
- The theatre department hosts an alumni reunion on campus each spring.
College of Sciences and Humanities
The 21 departments in the College of Sciences and Humanities offer a wide range of opportunities to get involved—from speaking at career days to collaborating on internships and immersive learning programs to encouraging your employer to donate gently used scientific equipment.
- Teachers College offers the opportunity to get involved in its alumni association, which sponsors an annual Teachers Award Luncheon.
- The college provides a large number and variety of community outreach services, teacher education services, field experiences, and professional resources.
- The Honors College welcomes alumni and friends to serve as remote mentors for current students and sources for research projects.
- Alumni provide information about careers and help recruit high school seniors to Honors College by writing letters.