Johnson Complex provides on-campus housing to students. It is
divided into two buildings: four-story Botsford/Swinford and eight-story Schmidt/Wilson. Schmidt/Willson will be undergoing renovations beginning May, 2015. It will be the
on-campus home for students participating in the university's Theatre and Dance-Learning
Namesake:Earl A. Johnson, former dean of the Teachers College (on faculty from 1929-1966). Schmidt/Wilson halls are named for two former professors: Angie Wilson, associate professor of social science at Burris School from 1932 to 1954, and Fred J. Schmidt, professor and head of the industrial arts department from 1935 to 1958.
Year completed: 1969, renovated in 1998, New renovations begin May 2015
Copyright © 2015 Ball State University 2000 W. University Ave. Muncie, IN 47306
800-382-8540 and 765-289-1241